Gianni Pirelli, Ph.D.
(908) 526-1177 ext. 43
Dr. Gianni Pirelli specializes in forensic psychology, particularly forensic mental health assessment. As such, he conducts evaluations across a range of criminal and civil matters. He is an active member of the Practice Committee for the American Psychology-Law Society (AP-LS; Division 41 of APA), and he is an editorial board member for Law and Human Behavior and the New Jersey Psychologist. Dr. Pirelli is also an Adjunct Professor in Montclair State University’s Post-Doctoral Certificate Program in Forensic Psychology and in Fairleigh Dickinson University’s Master’s program in Forensic Psychology. His research was cited in a recent amicus brief to the New York State Court of Appeals and to the United States Supreme Court. He has numerous publications, including two forthcoming books published by Oxford University Press - The Ethical Practice of Forensic Psychology: A Casebook and The Behavioral Science of Firearms: Implications for Mental Health, Law, and Policy - and chapters in such books as the Handbook of Forensic Psychology (4th Edition). Outside of work, you would likely find Dr. Pirelli spending time with his family and friends or reading... in a park or on a beach.
- 2014 to Present, Licensed Psychologist, Associates in Psychological Services, P.A.
- 2013-2014, Licensed Psychologist, The Center for Evaluation and Counseling.
- 2010-2013, Staff Clinical Psychologist 3, Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital.
- 2010, Mental Health Clinician II, University Correctional Healthcare/New Jersey State Prison.
- 2009-2010, Clinical-Forensic Intern, UMDNJ-Newark and Northern State Prison.
- 2008-2009, Clinical Extern, NYU Epilepsy Center.
- 2008, Clinical Extern, Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center.
- 2007-2008, Clinical Extern, William Paterson University Counseling Center.
- 2006-2007, Clinical Extern, Rockland Psychiatric Center.
- 2005-2006, Clinical Extern, Bellevue Forensic Unit, Bellevue Hospital Center.
- Counselor (2003), Northern State Prison.