Jason Fleming, Psy.D.
(908) 526-1177 ext. 56
Dr. Jason Fleming attended the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology (GSAPP) at Rutgers University. He earned his Doctorate in Psychology (Psy. D.) in 2004 and has been practicing both clinical and forensic psychology since that time. His practice includes the assessment and clinical treatment of children, adolescents and adults. Specialty areas within his practice include forensic evaluations and courtroom testimony, assessment of parental fitness, firesetting risk assessment, and sexual offender risk assessment and treatment. Dr. Fleming conducts evaluations within correctional facilities as well as trainings for various staff, programs and departments.
Dr. Fleming's clinical and personal interests include working with adults, adolescents and families with histories of incarceration, poverty, loss, estrangement and separation. He is actively involved in mentoring middle and high school adolescents who are identified as "at risk" and he is committed to helping adolescents and adults maintain the priorities of education, community advocacy and support, and strengthening families.
Dr, Fleming completed an internship in clinical and forensic psychology at Bellevue Hospital in New York. In addition to his private practice work Dr. Fleming also works at a state correctional facility for incarcerated juveniles.
- 10/04 to Present: Evaluator/Clinician, Associates in Psychological Services
- 7/08 to Present: Forensic Mental Health Clinician/Director of Mental Health Services, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ), University Correctional Healthcare (UCHC), New Jersey Training School for Boys
- 8/07 to 7/08: Clinical Psychologist II, Assessment Psychologist, Treatment Progress Review Committee (TPRC), Special Treatment Unit/Ann Klein Forensic Center, State of New Jersey, Department of Health and Human Services
- 2/06 to 8/07: Clinical Psychologist I, Treatment Psychologist, Special Treatment Unit/Ann Klein Forensic Center, State of New Jersey, Department of Health and Human Services
- 10/04 to 2/06: Staff Clinical Psychologist III, Treatment Psychologist, Special Treatment Unit/Ann Klein Forensic Center, State of New Jersey, Department of Health and Human Services
- 06/03 to 07/04: Clinical Psychology Predoctoral Intern, New York University/Bellevue Hospital Center, Clinical Psychology Internship Program
- 01/01 to 06/03: Specialized Programs Evaluator/Clinician, Project S.T.O.P. (Specialized Treatment And Offense Prevention) St. Mary's Hospital, Community Mental Health Center
- 05/00 to 06/03: Substance Abuse Clinician, Program For Addictions Consultation and Treatment (PACT) Rutgers University
- 05/00 to 05/01: Research Assistant, New Jersey Substance Abuse Task Force, Division of Health and Human Services